Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trying TCM

It's been a while since my last post. I don't know. I guess I've just been busy. Or I don't want to be reminded that I'm documenting my TTC journey. Or I am hoping the next time I post here it's going to be positive. But, I'm not so the journey goes on!

I've been going to Dr Koh Lee Hoon of Nam Hua Acupuncture and Medical Hall at Tampines Interchage Central 1. She is very kind and seems to know what she is doing. I saw pictures of babies and even a Thank You card dedicated to her for helping a couple have their own baby. So it made me believe that she can help TTC couples conceive naturally. Yep, I'm convincing myself because when I started this process it was not easy.

The first day of my consultation, that was 2nd of May, I was greeted by a nice lady who gladly allowed me to write my name in the waiting list. As I was number 8 she said that I can come back about 1030am, and it's just quarter to 9. So I looked around the area as it was too early, shops open around 1030am, I just bought myself some siopao for breakfast.

Finally, its my turn. She asked usual things doc asks and TCM asks. She gave me a BBT chart to measure my tempt every morning. After some Q&A portion she asked me to lay in the bed and she started the acupuncture. Several needles were placed in my body. Most were in my lower legs for constipation, liver and stomach. I was kind of surprised that in my stomach she just used three needles below my navel. In my previous acupuncture in the Philippines there were about 5 needles along the ovaries. She also placed a patch that connects to a small gadget that massages my lower back.

Before I left the clinic the lady I met early in that morning have prepared the medicine I have to take for 6 days. All of these cost me SGD60. I need to go back every week so it means I'd be spending around SGD240/month on a 4-week month and SGD300 if it's 5 weeks. O boy, I think my husband's wallet is going to be ripped apart. LOL!

It is now my 4th week and have been swallowing 6-7 tablets and drinking bitter syrup each day. I can't see any improvement based on my BBT chart as my temperature is low, 36.5 C the highest after ovulation. I'm expecting my next period to be around this week or early next week and I'm not having bad PMS i.e. headache, wobbling or weak knee, etc, so I guess Doc Koh's treatment is helping me anyhow.

I'm willing to give this 2-3 months more since I've read that TCM takes about 3 or more months before you could actually get the benefits.

p.s. On June 3 I'd be going to Dr. Sheila Loh of Raffles for first consultation. You bet I'm working double time now. Haha!

p.s.s. I've stopped going to Dr. Goh since Clementi is too far for me.

last p.s. I appreciate hubby for helping me out on this process. He would wake up ahead of me around 8am everyday to shake the mercury based thermometer and suck it in my mouth. Then would take it out as I was still asleep and try to read the measurement even he himself is still very sleepy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment